-->

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Face Painting and Cards

Yes, an odd mix to be sure.  I teach at a preschool and we're having an end-of-year BBQ/auction/carnival in a couple of weeks.  I volunteered to do some face painting.  What was I thinking?  I don't do face painting!  But they were going to skip it if nobody offered and you just know the kidlets love to have their cherubic little  faces painted.  So today I plan on sitting down with some watercolors and working out some REALLY SIMPLE designs that my little kiddos will like.  I'm thinking stars, butterflies, flowers, snakes, lizards/dinosaurs, lightning bolts.  If anybody out there has other ideas take pity on me and please SHARE YOUR IDEAS.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart (hey, hearts!  I could do those too!).

As for cards, I recently went through my stash and realized I have a bunch that I've never photographed and added to the shop.  So that's what I've been doing the last few days.  Some I've posted about before but here are a few new ones that I've added:


While I've listed these separately they can be purchased via this great deal which applies a 15% discount when 4 cards are purchased.


I love this card.  The guy was hand-stamped 4 times on different papers and then I cut out pieces, colored them and layered them for a cool, dimensional look.  I made the background by inking up some bubble wrap (love that technique).  The text star is from a book I saved from the recycle bin.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  YOU make ME smile.  May your skies be sunny and your cares be few.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww these are gorgeous Julie, love the style on the first cards, so clean and elegant.. sorry never done any face painting, can't help with the ideas but I'm sure you will do a great job :D Have fun and thank you for your nice comment on my card today. Hugs xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

You've given me terrific inspiration with those clean and simple thank you cards! Love how you used lots of different colors/patterns, using up scraps in such a fun way! Thanks for sharing!

enablers victim no more said...

Julie, I'd love to help you out! If there's a time during the week that works for you then come to my house and I'll give you the low-down! (Did you know I'm a professional body artist?!) Message me on Facebook, melissa :)

enablers victim no more said...

Hmmm,that's not supposed to be my "name" This is Melissa Gallardo Plourd, Happy Go Lucky Face Painting...