-->

Monday, December 10, 2012

Brown Paper Packages tied up with String

 Kraft paper is such a nice base for pretty packaging I think.  Tonight I went to a white elephant gift exchange for work.  I wanted to do more than tape up some Christmas wrapping paper so I whipped out the good ol' kraft roll and my Tim Holtz Festive Greenery die.  A few minutes (and a little ink and stickles) later I had a festive-looking package all ready to go. 

 
I followed TH's advice and inked up theneedles before removing them from the sheet - worked great.  This was the first time I used my extended platform (for the border dies).  OMG...I thought I didn't really 'need' one and was making do without but I am SO GLAD I caved and bought one.  It's so much easier to cut things using the decorative strip dies now.  Buy one.  Well worth the $10 investment.
 
A smattering of coloring with copics, distress inks and a smudge of stickles on plain kraft paper really make the needles stand out.  I cut slits in the pine cone to make it 3D-able and I really like the way it turned out.
 
 
In case you were wondering, I came home with a set of coffee mugs.  :)

No comments: