-->

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Stamp Set, Three Different Ways

I liked this challenge over at Paper Crafts Connection.  She asked us to use one stamp set to create three different projects.


The stamp set I chose is by My Favorite Things.


You may recognize the card on the right from my post yesterday.  I used the hearts not only for a background but also as patterned paper for the die cut clouds.

 
 
 I sprayed this tag with Dylusions inks and the plan was to use the ghost technique with the heart stamp.  To do this I spritzed some water on my mat and tapped the stamp on top of it.  The result was a gloppy, round pattern.  Not what I was going for, but it ended up making a cool background so it's all good.  Next I stamped the hearts over that with red ink and again on the sentiment strip.  To make them stand out a bit more I drew around some of them with my white Signo marker.


On the left card I used the single heart image to create little flowers and added a dab of Stickles in the middle of each,  I like the little twine stems.  :)  The sun is cut from a tag that I experimented on by combining embossing paste with Pure Sunshine Dylusions ink spray.  In person it almost looks like felt - cool stuff.

 
Thanks for stopping by.  Wishing you sunshine!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Julie, your card is bright, pretty and very clever with the added elements!