-->

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Showered With Love

When I made my Greetings from Seattle card a few days ago I rediscovered a stamp set that I had forgotten about.  The umbrella die came with a stamp set featuring some rain-ish images and quotes (very Seattle-esque, yes?).  With Valentines Day on the horizon, and attempting to get away from lavendars, pinks and reds, I made a little love card.  This would also be great for a baby or wedding shower so I'll either send it on its way to one of my favorite valentines or keep it in my stash.  ;)


My sewing machine is in a different room and it's kind of a hassle to haul it out.  One of my favorite little tricks is to use one of those sewing tracing wheel thingies to make stitch-like edges around cards.  For this one I added a few lines under the clouds as well to look like rain (use your imagination!)  :)

I haven't decided if this card is a little TOO clean and simple or if I like it as is.  Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts.

My next card is very Valentines-ish with those very colors that I avoided in the card above.  ;)  I made this to combine two challenges:  CASual Fridays - Make Your Mark and Stampotique - Love.  I wanted to do something different with the marker challenge so that was a little tricky for me but I'm a happy camper with my experiment - I think it worked.


Now chances are this has already been done but for me it was totally experimental.  I took a square background stamp and colored the top half with Copic R29 and the bottom half with Copic V17 (I had a thing for purple and red combos when I was little).  Next I randomly dripped some Ranger Blending Solution over it and quickly stamped on cardstock.  I freehand drew the hearts and punched out squares.  Pretty cool watercolor effect, doncha' think? 




 Off to make dinner.  The natives are getting restless...


7 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

The 'Showered With Love' card is delightful! Definitely not too clean. Love it!

Redanne said...

Love, love, love the first card, the rain looks so effective (I love Seattle too, visited about 30 years ago). Your second card was a genius idea on your part, it really does look like watercolour - very inspired! Thanks for visiting me too. Hugs, Anne x

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. Love the first one a lot. Thanks for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Angela said...

I love these fresh new looks for valentine's day, Julie! Both very sweet and beautiful.

Reflective Art Studio said...

Nicely Done... Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Challenge this week.
Warmly-
Sarinda

Sandy Ang said...

love those colourful clouds and the stitching on your card

Electra said...

I love the clouds of hearts and think your "raindrops" are brilliant! For what it's worth, I love this card just the way it is!