-->

Monday, February 25, 2013

This Delightfully Fabulous Imperfect Life

Today my niece turns 16. We don't get to see her nearly enough but when I think of her I instantly picture her bright smile, keen sense of humor and generosity of spirit. When pondering a birthday gift I hadn't a clue what to get for her.  I decided to create a little something for her to hang in her room.


I started with a 5 x 7 canvas base which I covered with Mowed Lawn Distress Paint (lovin' the new Distress Paints!).  I spritzed it with water to get some texture in the background and after it dried sprayed some Cut Grass Dylusions ink through a letter stencil.  The dots are Picket Fence Distress Paint and then the houses were stamped with Memento ink.  The leafy border is hand-drawn with the leaves colored in with Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions ink.



My little lady is made from old book pages sprayed with Dylusions inks, hot pink wire and doll hair.  The stamped bottom border was colored with yet more Dylusions inks. 


Here's another view of my girlie.  As luck would have it the challenge over at the Stampotique Designers blog this week is to use text in a project.  Bonus!

Happy Birthday, Mara!



6 comments:

Sue said...

Wow this is so creative Julie, what a fabulous canvas, your niece is sure to love it. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and I love your choice of colours. Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

Basement Stamper said...

This is absolutely adorable, I love the dress you created for her. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

LOL! She's AWESOME!! Incredibly bright and cheery! Thank you for sharing this inspired piece with us for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge!
Val :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful! How creative. The colours are superb too. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Amazing piece! Love the dress and hair! XOXO