-->

Sunday, March 17, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - March

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

For my tag this month I opted to go with an Irish theme rather than Tim's Easter theme. 


The tag base is a #8 manila tag colored with Distress Paints (love these!) and Dylusions ink with a bit of Walnut DI around the edges.  Other additions are the fence die (Alterations), tissue tape and house stamps.


I used Picket Fence Distress Paint to cover the metal wing and make it look more angelic.


I also followed Tim's example for making the cut out with tinsel underneath though I used Spellbinders and Sizzix dies.  The ribbon is colored with Broken China Stain and a smidge of Walnut Ink.

Here's the whole blessing:

"May you always walk in sunshine,
May you never want for more,
May Irish angels rest their wings,
Right beside your door."

Check here for Tim's tag and instructions.

Thanks for stopping by.  May the luck of the Irish be with you today!


6 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Julie, I love your tag with the Irish theme, that sentiment is wonderful and your tag is gorgeous! Hugs, Anne x

Handmade in Israel said...

Love the sunshine and the message! The sun is just starting to peek out here...

Words and Pictures said...

Hi Julie - what a great tag... blue-green is always going to win my heart, and I absolutely love your ruched music tape grass at the bottom - so cool! Thanks so much for your visit and comment - so much appreciated.
Alison x

Tincan Crafter said...

Hi Julie - thanks for the nice comment on my tag - I love that you went with an Irish theme instead of the Easter theme. I'm going to go ahead and follow your blog - so that I can keep abreast with more of your cool stuff.

Martina said...

I would like to say I adore your fabulous creative work, Julie!


Electra said...

You don't often see St. Paddy's themes, this is a delightful change!