Senor Holtz created a beautiful dragonfly tag this month using watercolor techniques with his Distress Markers. Sadly, I have nary a one Distress Marker so I improvised with cheapo kiddie watercolors and Distress Inks to create my Coffee Lady tag. She's popped up in a lot of my creations lately - love her.
I used a waterbrush to do all of the coloring on her.
The base image was stamped with Memento Black Tuxedo.
I thought she needed a little something more after I added the button images.
Lavendar DMC floss tied in nicely with her robe methinks.
Love this sentiment! I had to do this twice. I learned that the ink smudges a bit when adding water. Here's my before shot:
I just flipped it over, applied the background and then stamped the sentiment.
I'm not sure why I thought a wood grain background was the way to go, but it felt right to me. I wasn't sure if this technique would work but I'm happy with the way it turned out.
I took Walnut Distress Stain and swiped it across a manila tag from side to side. On some of my swipes a blotch was left on the edge - not part of the plan. I turned them into wood knots with a Sharpie; the 'planks' and woodgrain are defined using a Sharpie as well.
Hope June has been good to you. Thank you for stopping by!