-->

Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunday Postcard Art - Faeries of the Sea

My SPA offering for this week:

I made my card based on an image from Mermaids: The Body Found that aired on Animal Planet a while ago. 


The background is a mix of Dylusions and Distress Inks/Paint/Stain as well as a recycled paper towel that had ink overspray on it. A smidge of pewter glitter is around the silhouette.  The poem fragment reads

"That fairy song was not for me,
Nor those green eyes, nor that gold hair;
Deep in the caves beneath the foam
There was a husband and a home
It was a mermaid taking care
Of her small children of the sea.

The full poem is here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

4 comments:

SanDee1899 said...

oh boy, I just love love love this card.
Absolutely marvelous!
xoxo SanDee1899

Deborah said...

Orignal, beautiful, inventive - love it!

Kaylene said...

WEll done, love the composition and art work. Cheers

Unknown said...

Oh the program sounds interesting, I love your creation just stunning.