-->

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Great Pumpkin

Today was a bit cooler and greyer than the last few weeks.  It put me in a mood to think about Halloween items for the shop.  I know that sounds crazy, but as I perused the aisles of Hobby Lobby the other day I was aghast to see CHRISTMAS stuff out already.  Yikes.  Halloween I can do.  Christmas?  Not yet.

Last year I had great fun making Christmas ornaments using a plain glass ornament base.  This year I'm adding a few of these spooky little guys to the shop:

Jack-o-Lantern Ornament, $12.95 on Etsy

  I think you can see in the picture that I kept the color translucent so the text (from a recycled book) can still show through.  The final coat has some brown and metallic gold mixed in to give it a really nice rustic, yet shimmery, look.  I inked up the ornament top too as I didn't like the silver against the warm tone of Jack.  See the listing HERE for more pictures and info.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: