-->

Monday, June 23, 2014

SDC 152 - Sentimental OR Topknot Loses It

Gez over at Stampotique Designers Challenge laid down this week's challenge like this:

"I love sentiments and sayings, they really say it all to me! They make a piece finished! I'd like you to share some of your favourite words with us this week! They can be a main focal point or an embellishment, it's your choice! Say it with words..." 

I have to laugh a little as the sentiment I used on my ATC for this week's challenge is not very sentimental at all!  I turned to my trusty Well Said pinterest board again and when I saw this quote I chuckled merrily and got right to work.


Topknot was still sitting on my desk from last week so I reached for her right away.  I love her look - you just know she doesn't put up with any BS and is quite the spunky girl.  She reminds me of my daughter.  :)

The background technique is the same as the one Tim Holtz used for his June tag this month.  I added a little stenciling over it and some splatters and lines.

That's it for today.  Hope your Monday is going fabulously!

7 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Lol, very good Julie ! Great background too ! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique !
Corrie x

massofhair said...

Gorgeous coloured background, brilliant to see an assertive Top Knot, fantastic sentiment had me laughing.

Thank you for your lovely comment :-) xxx

Kaz said...

Fab!! I love a funny quote! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

Kay Wallace said...

I can almost hear Topknot's attitude here, Julie! This actually made me laugh out loud--surprised my dog, that's for sure! The colors you chose are just as perky as that quote!! (I would like your daughter!) Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh MY!!!! This is just FANTASTIC! Love, love, love your piece for my challenge.. thank you so much for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

Karin said...

haha love this!
Groetjes Karin

Sam & Poppy said...

Ooo love this Julie, the bright colours really caught my eye, great stamping!!
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)