-->

Monday, May 18, 2015

Mixed Media Card

I needed to get some ATCs out to friends in distant lands and thought it would be a nice touch to make a card to go with them.  I love Buru.  Not only is he charmingly weird and quirky but he is relatively easy to fussy-cut.


Last year I started an art journal in a reclaimed planner.  I had ripped out some of the pages to make it possible to add bulky stuff and (of course) I saved those ripped out pages.  They started my background on these cards.

Pulling out various colors of acrylic paints, I swiped, dabbed and pressed using various implements (hotel key card, bubble wrap, empty tape roll, and a mystery cardboard circle).  After those dried, I applied gold crackle paste through a stencil.


Next, Buru was stamped onto white cardstock using black dye ink, I cut him out and then glued him onto the card over a strip of washi tape.

I'm going backwards in the SDC challenges this month and adding this to #194.

Easy, breezy cards are ready to go postal.  Hooray!

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

These cards are wonderful !
Lucky recipients !
Corrie x

*Arwen* said...

Awesome cards Julie! Love Buru too :)
Thanks for joining us at SDC this week!

xx Arwen

Kathi said...

These are both fabulous. I love the backgrounds you created for Buru!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!