-->

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Technique: Extreme Masking

I have to chuckle to myself every time I see the name of this technique in print.  It's the "extreme" that gets me.  ;)

I was reintroduced to this technique just a few days ago when I saw this post by Anne aka Redanne.  The man himself, Tim Holtz, also created a Christmas tag in 2010 using the technique, which I'm sure I saw but I don't think I ever tried it.  No time like the present so I made a couple of ATCs to trade with Anne herself (thanks, Anne!).



A couple of years ago Ranger came out with mask sheets that you can use to create your own masks.  TOO COOL.  Of course, I leapt on the mask sheet bandwagon back then too and made exactly ONE itty bitty mask using a stamp and fussy cutting.  Then the package got buried and I forgot about it. With the plethora of dies out there now (and we all know I'm a sucker for dies) it is awesome to have another way to use them.  I pulled out my package of mask sheets and got busy.

 


Stuff I used:
Distress Inks: Barn Door, Hickory Smoke, Broken China (Greetings from Seattle) and Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Black Soot (Change)
Dies: Memory Box (butterfly), My Favorite Things (umbrella)
Other ink: Adirondack Archival, Memento
Stamps: Designs by Ryn, Unity, Impress, Studio G, 7 Gypsies
Other stuff: washi, tissue tape, metallic red cardstock, Signo uniball white pen, Pitt pen

Wow.  I didn't realize I used so much stuff until I listed it here.

I hope Ann likes her ATCs as I sure enjoyed making them.

Cheers!

1 comment:

mamablitger said...

I love your ATC's... They are so nice and well done. I'm sure Anne will enjoy them.
PS the bubble stamp looks awesome...
Thank you for sharing and refreshing that technique.
Hugs from Monica.... Spain