-->

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Crayons!

...and not fancy schmancy artist crayons.  We're talking Crayola, yellow and green box, type crayons.

This is the challenge for a swap I've joined.  NO other media allowed.  I've gotta tell ya, my studio smells so yummy right now.  Talk about a trip down memory lane...


Many, many years ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth (and I was in elementary school) some smart art teacher had us create scratch art using crayons.  I remember thinking it was THE COOLEST THING EVER!  No clue why this made such an impact on me, but it is, truthfully, the one thing I remember from art as a wee lass.  I revisited this technique in junior high and recall hearing a few snickers as my fellow students wondered why I was pulling out crayons.  Years went by and when my babes were little I pulled this out of my hat again.  They weren't as impressed.  Not to be deterred, the moment I saw this swap pop up I joined.  Hooray!  Another opportunity to pull out crayons!  




Super easy.  Pull out some brightly colored crayons and cover the surface (cardstock in this case) with them.  Proceed to cover them up with black crayon. Finally, use a toothpick to scratch designs over the top.

Do it!


No comments: