-->

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist 2016

Ellen Hutson does the 12 tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist every year and I love participating.  It's a great way to get my hands dirty and bits of paper strewn around my creative space at this time of year when I would likely ignore the Muse's need to express herself due to the business of the season.  Oh yeah...great way to get some spiffy looking gift tags made too to personalize those pretty packages.

Like I said, and no doubt everyone is experiencing as well, there aren't enough hours in the day in December.  I will be creating my tags out of order but as long as they GET created I'm good with it.

Day 4 the challenge/inspiration was to use felt.  Jennifer McGuire shared some great tips for working with felt in her video.  I see people using felt and think it looks fab but I always forget about dipping into that particular stash of mine (it's in a drawer I don't access often).  I took the opportunity to pull it out though and created this little tag.


When I grabbed the felt stash a black felt tag fell out.  It was meant to be, I decided.  No idea why I cut a black tag way back when but I think it really makes the rest of the elements pop.  The bow is made using a Memory Box die and red felt and I added some felt snow on the bottom as well.  The bow was a little tricky to attach - liquid glues weren't cutting the mustard - so I ended up using a hot glue gun.

No comments: