-->

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Pink, Gray & Green Color Challenge: Postcard

When The Muse whispers it's best to listen.  I am sending out some gelli prints for a swap and thought it would be nice to add a little postcard note along with them.  I really like the color combo challenge that Rubber Dance Art Stamps has on their blog right now so decided to base my postcard on that.


My base is actually an index card (which means I'll probably need to reinforce it a bit with cardstock on the back).  I didn't think about taking a process photo until I was mostly through, but here's a mid-process glimpse.  :)


I really like to use up scraps as much as possible.  The flowers (from Rubber Dance) are stamped on pink scraps that I had in my stash.  The black stars that you see on the background are from the same stamp set.

To create the background, I brayered gray acrylic paint over the index card.  I intended to just add a smidge of green on top of that, but when I brayered the green it pretty much covered the grey so I added more gray back in by dabbing acrylic ink through a stencil.  I splatted bits of white and dark green over that and when it was dry I went around the edges with black acrylic ink.  To finish up, I glued on the flowers and sentiment.  Wa-la!  Finito.  :)

Thanks for stopping by today.  





6 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Awesome postcard! Such a nice gesture to include those with the swap, I am sure it'll be much apprecaited by the lucky receivers! Thank you using our stamps and joining our February colour challenge at Rubber Dance once more ♥

ionabunny said...

Hi Julie, this is lovely. Love the yummy painty background and the black stars are very striking. Gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

I looooooove your index card, Julie. What a great idea of using the index cards that I have about a thousand of... LoL. Beautiful stamps and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Februrary Challenge!
Hugs, DT-Anita ♥

Sue said...

This is wonderful Julie, you made me smile about having to put more gray on your card. I always start of with a simple idea then just put a bit on here and there and before your know it you've spent hours on a piece! Never mind, more is always more ;-) Thanks so much for joining in with the Rubber Dance challenge, and I hope to see you again on Wednesday with our new one. Sue xx

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Julie!! Awesome postcard!! I love everything about it. The colors, the layers, everything. I need to try my hand at some mixed media. Thank you so much for playing with us at Rubber Dance Stamps.

Susanne Rose said...

Oh wow!!! I love this. Your background looks great. Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugs, Susanne.