-->

Sunday, September 24, 2017

ITAC '17: Europe

When I thought of old Europe the first thing that came to mind was the explorers of the 17th and 18th centuries.  Some of the prompts for this theme were old papers, textures, blue and vintage.  I decided to create an ATC for my project.


I layered torn strips of a book page on the base and then gesso'ed randomly over the top of that.  Next came Distress inks in a couple of shades of blue.


I colored the compass with watercolor pencils and alcohol markers and then applied a crackle glaze to make it feel old and vintagey.


'Explore' was created with black embossing paste through a stencil.  I also added a torn bit of an old nautical chart.

I wish I'd had more time to participate in more of the ITAC challenges, but September is a busy time of year.  Check out what the guest artists created for this challenge HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: